Sunday, November 2, 2008

Unexpected St. George Weekend

I went to St. George with some gals I didn't really know this weekend and ended up having a really great time! Thriller was a bit disappointing but I got some fresh air, laughed a lot, and did some short hiking. I was really nervous about going, but I made some new friends and it was really nice to be able to get out of town for a little while.


We found this old car by a quartz mine and we decided to have a little photo shoot.


The quartz mine was amazing! As we approached it from the road you could see all of the stones glistening in the sunshine. It looked like a huge diamond in the desert.

Unfortunately, there was a lot of trash at the mine so we did our part and picked up a bunch. We were really good though, and didn't take any stones with us (Leave No Trace!), even though it was tempting.
I really got to flex my creative photography muscles on this trip and with Amity's help we got this awesome shot of the five of us at a cliff face full of petroglyphs. (from left, Amity, Amanda, pregnant Heidi, Jaycie, and Me).

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Fun pictures! I wished I could have gone with you.. but I am excited for the Obama party! Still don't know what I am bringing. Blue Slurpi? Woot woot.