Friday, January 30, 2009

Swingtown

I'm back into the swing of things at work, but my students aren't. They are completely noisy and naughty and sometimes I want to scream. And then I make them miss recess and feel so guilty when I make them cry. So, I keep trying to focus on the positive things they do and to show them how much I care about them, because in all of the paper ripping, glue-stick-lid-losing, not-10-inch-whisper talking, writing on desks, washing windows with snow, pushing, shoving, "you're not my friend," chaos; I have to remember the little seven year old hugs, smiles, hand-holding, "your the best teacher, Mrs. Walton," special drawings, special stories, trustful and honest folded arms and think about what a great job I really do have.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Chillins. I don't know how you do it.